Jesus House, Chicago (JHC) is one of the over 25,000 Parishes of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) under the leadership of Pastor E. A. Adeboye, who is the General overseer. RCCG was established in Lagos, Nigeria in 1952 and has rapidly grown to the glory of God with thousands of parishes and over 10 million worshipers worldwide.
JHC started out as a house fellowship in July 1996 at an apartment on the Southside of Chicago. The first meeting was attended by seven people and this was our humble beginning.
The fellowship rapidly grew to about 30 people within a couple of months. The inauguration of the Church took place at the Bismarck Hotel, Downtown Chicago on November 17th 1996 which became the temporary worship place until we moved to Garfield High School on the south side for a few weeks.
In January 1997, the Church had to move again and 1743 N Clybourn Avenue became our new worship place. Here the Lord increased us above and beyond all our expectations as we grew in leaps and bounds. We were at Clybourn until April 1999 when it became too small to accommodate us.
Then came Rehoboth House. In April 1999 by the special grace of God, we were able to buy a place of our own. As a ministry, we believe in growth and fruit bearing and to this date, to the glory of God, Jesus House has established several other churches. Just like the sons of the prophets, this place has become too small for us, hence the Journey to “Goshen” has begun. On Sunday February 15th 2015, Pastor Bayo Adewole laid the vision for Project Goshen. The next Phase.